Metropolitan Police virus problem. How to fix
Metropolitan Police is the ransomware and virus program designed by cyber hackers for the purpose of scaring users with its content. The peculiarity of this infection is that it gets inside of your computer when you do not actually realize this. But suddenly, out of the blue, the picture would eventually come up, saying that you have done something really wrong. You would be accused of doing very many bad things, in particular, watching extremely illegal materials over the Internet, spamming users and even of supporting terrorist activities. The very word “ransomware” means that the program asks you to pay certain ransom. Here is how this trick actually works – the program actually locks your PC, without letting you do anything with it in the normal mode. However, if your PC is not connected to the Internet you would not see this fake Metropolitan Police warning. At the same time, the locked status of your PC would persist. Below is the quotation of what this ransomware virus actually tells you when it gets inside of your machine and locks it.
Attention! Illegal activity was revealed!
Your operational system is locked as a result of Great Britain law violation!
The following violations were revealed: your IP address was detected on illegal sites.
Illegal spam of terrorist orientation is also mailed from your PC.
This lockout is intended to eliminate possible distribution of the above materials from your PC in the Internet.
For your PC to be unlocked you have to pay penalty equal to 100£! The penalty is to be paid during 24 hours from the moment when your PC was locked! If the penalty is hot paid all the data will be removed from your PC!
There are 2 ways of payment
- You can buy the ukash coupon for the amount of 100£. Enter the ukash coupon number in payment field and press OK or send the coupon number by email firstname.lastname@example.org You can buy the ukash coupon at any available point
- You can pay the penalty by means of paysafecard. Payment by means of paysafecard is to be effected to the amount of 100£. Enter the pin code from your bill in payment field and press OK or send the pin code by email email@example.com
You can buy paysafecard at any available point
As soon as payment is effected your PC will be unlocked during 24 hours from the moment of payment.
If your computer has been locked with Metropolitan Police malware please follow our special removal guidelines which will help you to get rid of this virus quickly and effectively. Do not tell any information you are instructed to tell by this virus. You are dealing with the malware and the message you see is originated by hackers. It has nothing to do with Metropolitan Police. We’ve actually elaborated the special video guide aimed to assist you in removal of this virus. Please carefully follow our step-by-step instructions which are simple, clear and easy-to-follow. Finally, please share this portion of information with your friends who could have the same problem.
Automatic removal milestones:
- Go to your friend, relative or anybody else who has computer with Internet connection.
- Take your USB flash drive / Memory Stick with you.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site http://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB flash drive / Memory Stick.
- Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot.
- Perform hard reset (press reset button on your computer) if your infected PC has been on with Metropolitan Police background. If not, then simply turn your PC on.
- Before the very boot process begins keep repeatedly hitting “F8” button on your keyboard.
- In the window that appeared select “Safe mode with command prompt” option and press Enter.
- Choose your operating system and user account which was infected with Metropolitan Police virus.
- In the cmd.exe window type “explorer” and press “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Select “My Computer” and choose your USB flash drive / Memory Stick.
- Run the installation file of GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Install the program and run scan with it. (update of the program will not work for “Safe mode with command prompt” option)
- When the hijackers are successfully disabled (fixed) by GridinSoft Trojan Killer you may close GridinSoft Trojan Killer application.
- In the cmd.exe window type “shutdown /r /t 0” and press “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Upon system reboot your PC will be unlocked and you will be able to use it just as before the infection took pace.
- However, it is recommended that you now update GridinSoft Trojan Killer and run the scan with it again to remove the source of the infections causing Metropolitan Police virus to infect your PC.